My name is Ned and I live in the Pacific Northwest.
I studied Economics, worked in textiles, manufacturing, and supply chain management, but I was always interested in the truth underlying the problems I encountered in business or read about in the news.
So I decided to learn how to effeciently explore current problems using the data that we generate everyday using data science.
Here are some things I’d like to cover:
- Getting started with Data Science
- Common Problems for new data scientists
- Strategies for finding problems to work on
Broadly speaking, I’m interested in applying datascience to problems that basic human cognition has trouble grasping, such as:
- Environmental data (there’s a time problem because we don’t notice incremental changes to our environment over time)
- Economic data (issues of data quality, also hard to model complex systems like economies)
- Using data to challenge congnitive bias and improve decisionmaking